Here are some plants and shrubs that will flourish in your shady spot:
Leading the pack of shady perennial foliages that come to mind; hostas and heucheras. These two plants are shade-loving, leafy ornamentals. Hostas have large-leaves and come in a wide range of shades, including fragrant and variegated varieties. Heucheras, or coral bells, come in many shades of green and also have many great hues like bronze, red and pink.
Small trees accustomed to growing under larger, spreading trees are a great fit for shady areas in your yard. Persimmon and pawpaws trees even add edible elements to your landscaping. You will also want to consider Paperbark maple, Eastern redbud and the White Fringe tree for the shade.
Ornamental shrubs add a nice addition for shade gardeners. Consider using daphnes, mountain laurels and large and dwarfing rhododendrons.
There are also many perennial flowers that love the shade. Some favorites include Lily-of-the-Valley, Bleeding heart, Astiblle, Columbine and the Crested iris.
You can even plant some edible plants in your shade garden. There are some herbs, especially mint that loves shady spots. Mint will also bring a delicious smell to your garden. Plant the herb in urns or under large trees. Be careful to keep mint separate from other perennials, it spreads quickly and will choke out neighboring plants. If your garden has some partly shady areas you can also plant lemon balm, bee balm or tarragon.
This Single-Family in Swampscott, MA recently sold for $232,000.
This is a Colonial style home and features 6 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.10 acres, and was sold by
Daniel Meegan – KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
So in order to stay financially fit it is important to use your credit cards wisely. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your credit cards:
• This seems simple but pay off your balance every month in full. Interest charges on your credit card purchases can add up fast.
• If you do carry a balance, pay back as much as you can as quickly as possible. You don’t have to wait until the payment due date.
• Avoid using your credit card to withdraw cash or transfer money. Interest is charged on these transactions immediately.
• If you are considering a card with an annual fee, be sure that whatever reward or benefit you’re getting is worth the cost.
Bottom line stay within your budget. Only use credit cards for things you can afford. If you can’t afford it don’t buy it. You will be much happier without the new sweater when you have enough money to buy a new home.
NEW CONSTRUCTION, 5 STAR ENERGY RATING! Beautiful pottery barn styled home with gourmet kitchen, custom cabinetry, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. 4 large, spacious bedrooms will fit all your furniture. Walk in closets? You got it! Lots of storage throughout! Energy saving features throughout. 3 Zoned, new heat system. Central AC… WANT MORE?! Central vac, large over-sized 2 car garage. Large level lot with private wooded backyard. Private sundeck off rear entrance. Wonderful living space to share and plenty of space for peace and quiet. Your new home hides on a quiet dead end street. 1 yr builders warranty. Call for an appointment today to see this great house.
Featured Property Slideshow
Salem, MA Listing AlertsSalem, MA - $399,000
14 Brittania Circle - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/15 hours agoSalem, MA - $349,900
20 Crescent Dr - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/16 hours agoSalem, MA - $245,876
141 Highland - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/18 hours agoSalem, MA - $2,800
25-R Lynde St - Rentals - - Rooms:2 - Beds:1 - Baths:110 hours ago
Beverly, MA Listing AlertsBeverly, MA - $2,200
19 Parsons Dr - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/13 hours agoBeverly, MA - $3,500
19 Bayview Ave - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:48 hours agoBeverly, MA - $229,900
50 Rantoul St - Condo - Mid-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:29 hours agoBeverly, MA - $369,900
117 Water Street - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2
Danvers, MA Listing AlertsDanvers, MA - $197,392
100 Conifer Hill Drive - Commercial - Year Built:1988 - Acres:05 hours agoDanvers, MA - $13
110 Newbury St - Commercial - Year Built:1989 - Acres:2.319 hours agoDanvers, MA - $314,900
61 Water St - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/111 hours agoDanvers, MA - $259,000
18 Berry St - Condo - 2/3 Family - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:112 hours ago
- Fun Finds at Salem's Nautical Traders Inc. December 9, 2013Every Monday Salem Patch highlights a unique local business by offering our readers a virtual look around at some of the items they're selling. […]
- Salem State Residence Hall Hearing Wednesday Night December 9, 2013Today is Monday, Dec. 9, and here are the five things you need to know before you start your week : 1 . […]
- Yvonne AbrahamOfficials playing dirty on Salem plant December 8, 2013Nobody is going to miss the coal soot and carbon dioxide the soon-to-close Salem Harbor power plant belched into the air for 62 years. […]
- Food Stolen From Drive-Through at McDonald's December 8, 2013Hanover was charged with driving with a suspended license. 7:31 p.m. Report of possible gunshots in the area of Rosewood Drive. […]
- Truck Hits House, Destroys Porch December 7, 2013A white pickup truck crashed into a home on Jefferson Avenue early Saturday morning and destroyed an exterior porch. […]
- Fun Finds at Salem's Nautical Traders Inc. December 9, 2013
- Food Stolen From Drive-Through at McDonald's December 7, 2013Hanover was charged with driving with a suspended license. 7:31 p.m. Report of possible gunshots in the area of Rosewood Drive. […]
- Shopping and Sipping at Tea House on Thursday Night December 5, 2013The wind will blow from the southwest at 6-11 miles per hour. 2. Sip and Shop: Wenham Tea House will host its annual Sip and Shop event on Thursday night, with food from Henry's Market and a dozen local vendors, which includes free gift wrapping for all purchases. […]
- 'The Magic Flute' casts its spell in Chelmsford December 3, 2013Illumination Opera promises to add magic to your holiday season with two performances of Mozart's charming The Magic Flute. […]
- Shopping for a Christmas Tree Around Danvers December 3, 2013Do you have a favorite place you patronize each year? Looking for somewhere new to buy a Christmas tree? Here are some local places to buy a tree this year, be it a live one or artificial, full-sized or pint-sized. […]
- Salem Man Arrested in Connection With Arson in Saugus December 2, 2013At 1:07 a.m., police responded to a past assault at the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets. […]
- Food Stolen From Drive-Through at McDonald's December 7, 2013
- Flood of New Donations Pour in to Replace Toys Stolen at Elderly Marine's Home December 9, 2013Four boxes of donated toys for local children were stolen last week from the home of an elderly Danvers Marine and now many more than that have been donated to replace the stolen gifts. […]
- Public colleges enter limelight as private tuitions soar December 9, 2013Once overlooked amid the higher education elite of Massachusetts, the state's public universities and community colleges are stepping into the limelight with increased funding, state-of-the art facilities, honors programs, affordable prices, and higher graduation rates. […]
- Rotary Presents 'Bowling With Santa' Dec. 22 December 9, 2013Coming up on Sunday, Dec. 22, the Lynnfield Rotary presents a "Bowling With Santa" benefit at Kings at MarketStreet Lynnfield from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. $10 admission includes one bowling game with shoe rental, hot chocolate and donuts, and pictures with Santa. […]
- Shopping for a Christmas Tree Around Peabody December 9, 2013Do you have a favorite place you patronize each year? Looking for somewhere new to buy a Christmas tree? Here are some places around Peabody to buy a tree this year, be it a live one or artificial, full-sized or pint-sized. […]
- Danvers High teacher was not only murdered but was brutally raped with a tree branch December 8, 2013One of the stories I've been woefully behind on is the murder of 24-year-old Colleen Ritzer, a teacher at Danvers High School in Danvers, Massachusetts. […]
- Flood of New Donations Pour in to Replace Toys Stolen at Elderly Marine's Home December 9, 2013